It’s time to get personal. Really personal.
I will be 75 in December. Yes! Just a few weeks away from the Big 7-5!
As I approach this milestone, I wanted to share with you something very special. No, it’s not some new thang-a-dang, or a trick that keeps me looking younger. And no, it’s not about me freaking out about turning 75.
It IS about my ATTITUDE. It’s about the attitude of countless other women, too; an attitude that helps us move confidently forward at any time in our lives.
Look, impossible is a snap. It’s s easy to say something is impossible and give it up right then and there. It’s so easy to look toward the end of your life and stop hoping for more, or for better.
But with the right attitude, anything is possible.
To that end, I’ve developed this list of 8 steps to achieving unstoppable success at any age (YES! Even 60 or 80!):
- Gain Clarity: know exactly what you want and go for it with all your heart.
- Perform a Self-Scan: determine your meaning and purpose in life.
- Create a Plan: develop a clear roadmap that includes a written action plan. Read it often.
- Be the CEO: when the inevitable challenges arise, make a decision and take action.
- Be Determined: have the wherewithal to stay the course. Even in the face of adversity, my friend!
- Develop Courageous Confidence: fly the plane even if it’s not perfectly on track. Course correct as you go, with confidence that you can continue to course correct until you arrive at your destination.
- Develop a Resiliency Set Point: hold yourself to a high standard. Do not give up until you succeed, no matter what!
- Be Resourceful: do the best you can with what you have – or get creative and find new ways to do what you need to do or get what you need to get.
Did you notice that each of these “steps” is actually attitude-based? With the right attitude – one that combines clarity, self-knowledge, forward thinking, action-orientation, determination, courage, confidence, resiliency and resourcefulness – you soar!
Self-honesty is the most difficult type of honesty to achieve. But when you ask yourself, “Am I living these characteristics?” and get to the place where the answer is a resounding “Yes!” you are able to consciously navigate a path to your dream life – a life full of wonder and purpose.
There is great power in being able to make choices in our life with clarity, courage, conviction and commitment. Don’t you think?
I’d love to hear from you: which of these characteristics do you most struggle with? Why? Share a story about your experience with one of them!
— Suzanna Abbott, CEO of The Baby Boomer Solution